Will provisional certificate for master degree enough for filing a H1?

Indio, CA |

My convocation for masters' is happening only by mid of this year. Is it really needed to get the master degree certificate for filing the H1 petition or will a provisional certificate be enough? Please help

I assume that:

1. you have an attorney ... whom you should really be asking these questions.
2. you are aware of the fact that, even if approved, you can't work before October 2013

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Thanks Mr. Capriotti. I am aware about the fact that I wont be able to work till oct 2013 in US. I am presently employed in India and want to know if my visa petition can be filed with provisional certificates for masters and degree certificate for my bachelors?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Good. So now we move 'up' to my comment #1 ... talk to the attorney that will be filing the paperwork .... this case needs personal analysis that can't be done well on an internet blog.

Thanks Mr. Capriotti

There are certain types of questions that can be simply answered on Avvo, while there are others that require considerably more analysis. For this particular question, you need to provide additional details concerning the specifics of your situation in order to determine if you can qualify to apply for an H1-B visa in April. You owe it to yourself to contact a lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

You really should speak with an attorney to go over the specifics of your situation.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

It depends on whether you are seeking U.S. equivalency of a Bachelor's degree based on your foreign Master's degree. Have a competent immigration attorney review your educational documents and guide you further.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 to schedule a consultation.