Skip to main content

Will North carolina Extradite for a child support warrent?

Baltimore, MD |

My boyfriend owes child support to the mother of his child not the state. He has to get his fingerprints done soon and is wondering if they will arrest him and try to send him back to north carolina for it. He has appeared in court before for t traffic ticket as well as being pulled over and wasnt arrested.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It really depends upon how badly your state wants him and what type of warrant it is, if it is a default warrant and he is arrested, they will call your state and ask if they want him held and if so, he then has some legal rights regarding the interstate compact and detainer act, please chat with a local attny and take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer