Will my income be included when calculating spousal maintenance for his ex?

Andrews, TX |

My fiancé's divorce was bifurcated, so he is legally divorced and can remarry, but child custody, child support and spousal maintenance will not be decided for a few more months. We want to get married as soon as possible. If we get married now, will my income be included when calculating what he will have to pay her in spousal maintenance? His divorce case and ex-spouse are in Colorado and we live in Texas. Also, child support is not likely to be an issue because we are most likely going to be custodial.

In Texas, the answer is generally no. However you should talk with a Colorado attorney to be sure.

Nothing contained herein constitutes legal advice. If you have a legal question, you should consult an attorney. Further, nothing contained herein is to be construed to have started an attorney-client relationship. No such relationship exists until you sign an engagement letter and/or contract with the Firm.