Skip to main content

Will my I-130, Immigrant Petition For Relative will affect my application If I move from Texas to California?

Dallas, TX |

Filed I-130, Immigrant Petition For Relative, Fiance(E), Or Orphan two months ago for my Mother. I got a new job in California.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No, it should not affect, file change of address form AR-11

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012


No problem.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |


No, your moving to a different state will have no bearing whatsoever on the merits of the petition for relative you filed on your mother's behalf. Within 10 days of moving or before even don't forget to file a Form AR-11 online with USCIS notifying them you have moved and ALSO call the nationwide 800 number to have them notify the ISCIS service center where your mother's petition is currently pending.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer