Skip to main content

Will my employment authorization document be renewed?

Palo Alto, CA |

I applied for my employment authorization document's renewal on 27th December 2012 . On 14 Feb 2013 i got a request for evidence from USC IS asking about my funds , my spouses funds and explanations for the need for me to work . Please assist me with this . I have previously got my employment authorization document renewed once and everything went fine . Why do they ask for such things this time ? Is it a normal procedure or i really need to worry about it . Your assistance is highly appreciated

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The question cannot be answered on the facts provided. The answer depends on the basis for the EAD.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


We need to evaluate your case in order to advise. Therefore, it is best that you consult an experienced immigration attorney in private.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


You need to hire an attorney to review the record. How one can assist you on AVVO?; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


You will have to provide more information regarding your current status and the principal application based on which you are seeking EAD.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.