My H1b recently got approved in December 2018. I am currently working in company X and company Y offered me a job.
1. When Y files a petition for H1B transfer will the company X get to know?
2. If my h1b transfer is declined/approved will the company X get to know?
3. What if the transfer gets approved and I don't wanna move?
4. What happens if a company Z also applies for my H1B transfer?
5. When can be expect premium processing on H1B transfer to begin?
6. Is it too early to move? When is the right time to move?
Not unless you chose to tell them or they communicated with Y and found out. Once approved, you will not be authorized to work for X any longer but solely for Y.
My answer to your question is intended only as an offer of general legal information and does not create an attorney/client relationship. This answer is no substitute for a consultation with an competent attorney concerning the precise facts of your case as they might be. In fact, you are strongly encouraged to have a personalized consultation with an attorney competent in the area of inquiry to review all the facts in your case and obtain legal advice tailored to your specific situation. Please understand that my answer does not create any specific attorney client relationship which relationship can only be created by formally retaining this firm to represent you in a specific matter. If you found my answer to be “Helpful” or to be the “Best Answer,” among those presented to this specific inquiry, kindly mark it as such.
1. When Y files a petition for H1B transfer will the company X get to know? X will not know of the filing unless you inform them.
2. If my h1b transfer is declined/approved will the company X get to know? Yes , because the approval will require that you quit X to join Y.
3. What if the transfer gets approved and I don't wanna move? The X will have to file another petition on your behalf.
4. What happens if a company Z also applies for my H1B transfer? You will become entangled in your web that you are weaving.
5. When can be expect premium processing on H1B transfer to begin? That will be announced in the USCIS website when the USCIS workload permits that activity to resume.
6. Is it too early to move? When is the right time to move? That is a matter of preference and other factors, etc.
Flag this question
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline