Skip to main content

Will my my case get dismissed? if not, how much will i spend on lawyer...know any good ones?

Diamond Bar, CA |

i have a recommendation and got arrested for possesion of tiny amount of weed and wax.(concentrate).ive been involved in numerous car accidents on freeway and have muscle aches which cannibis helps to relieve..please advise...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Sometimes law enforcement officers (and occasionally courts) will require county-issued medical marijuana ID cards even if you have your doctor's recommendation and ID with you. Your valid doctor's recommendation should be enough to get the charges dismissed in court, but it may be more helpful to have an attorney on your side; they can contact the prosecuting agency and stop charges from being filed in the first place. This is much better because you wont have any record of a court date, which is better than a dismissal. The concentrate charge is a bigger deal than the marijuana, but the recommendation includes that. Afterwards, it may be in your best interest to also have a factual innocence hearing to get your arrest record sealed. Then your record will be completely clean. Legal fees will vary. It's best to contact a few attorneys (most offer free consultations).


Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
t. 323.803.4352 | f. 323.617.3838
Sunset Law Building | 1295 W. Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA | 90026


Even for a small amount of weed you will have more costs to defend this matter than an attorney. It is likely that the court will want to authenticate your recommendation, which would include testimony and/or declaration from the doctor. The scope of that evidence is limited to certain facts by law and does not include disclosing the reason for the recommendation. But iit is very likely that the doctor will charge you for his assistance.

You may wish not to disclose much more information online because the car accidents and the muscle aches may be enough to have your license taken from you. So be careful how you present yourself in front of the court.

Finally, I am not aware of any attorney who will discuss rates with you online. So my suggestion is to call around. Many reputable attorneys will offer a free consultation so meet with several. I wish you the best.
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


If you have your valid recommendation, you should be able to have the marijuana charge dismissed. Concentrated Cannabis is not protected under the law.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.