Skip to main content

Will it show on a background check?

Winchester, KY |

I didn't pay a fine for 209 dollars for alcohol intoxication in a public place so I think I got a midemeanor warrant. But I had a job interview for walmart to pay it off will the warrant show up and keep from getting the job to pay it off?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Hire an attorney to put the case on the docket, set aside any warrant and pay it ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


When you plead guilty for Alcohol Intoxication In a Public Place and the fines were imposed, you were given a date by which you had to have these fines paid. This is commonly referred to as a "Show/Cause" hearing. When you didn't pay and didn't appear for the hearing, a bench warrant was issued. This is not a new charge, but rather the only way the court sees to bring you in and find out why you haven't paid. It is very simple for an attorney to redocket the case, request more time if needed and get this behind you once and hopefully for all. You really need to contact an attorney to handle this for you.

No attorney-client relationship has been created by answering this question. I make no guarantees as to the accuracy of any information I contribute in answering any inquiry on Avvo and I strongly encourage all concerns be addressed in the private counsel of an attorney personally contacted and retained.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer