Skip to main content

Will it hinder for my future return to the US if I leave without the I-94.?

Renton, WA |

I recently applied for my visitor visa extension since I only got short period stay of tourist visa at the immigration. Now I realized that I need to leave the country before I get back my I-94 form with the possible visa extension.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Leaving without the I94 will not be a problem. You may have a problem if the extension request is denied and you overstay.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Make sure to keep proof of your departure such as the actual bording pass. They don't like itineraries or e-tickets, because maybe you didn't actually get on the flight. In addition to the bording pass keep any receipts or other proof. For example, if you purchase something at the airport, and get a receipt with your name or signature, the place and date. Then also purchase something at your destination with similar information. Keep all evidence of being here and then being there. Keep copies of the application to extend your status and the receipt notice, too, which confirms the facts of that.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer