Skip to main content

Will I serve time for burglary first if I already got denied for youthful offender?

Phenix City, AL |
Attorney answers 3


That cannot be determined from your question. Hopefully, by now, you have your own attorney. You will not automatically serve time time. If a deadly weapon was used, then there will be a mandatory minimum sentence of 20 years. Talk with your attorney.

No representation is made that the legal services provided are great than legal services provided by other lawyers. This answer does NOT create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to further inquiries.


There is no way to know for sure. It is a very serious offense. You should hire an attorney.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


Since you have posted this same question several times over for the past week, you should by now understand that Burglary in the first degree is a Class A felony offense. If convicted of that offense, the trial court judge has the legal authority to impose a sentence of life in prison or a term of incarceration of ten years to 99 years, to be determined by the court. The fact that Youthful Offender status was denied is a good sign the trial court intends to treat you as an adult, and if convicted, impose an active term of incarceration.

Your best course of action is to retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer to assist you. You should not rely on a 'court appointed lawyer' (public defender) to represent you. You are facing life in prison for this offense. That should motivate you to hire the best attorney you can afford.