Will I qualify for unemployment?

Greenville, NC |

Filed for unemployment 7 weeks ago and didn't have a reason from my employer for why I was being fired. Unemployment contacted me about a week and half ago and asked a few questions and said that had sent a request for information from them also. I called a week later and was told that the employer did not respond. Will this qualify me?

Generally, if the employer does not respond then you would be approved for unemployment compensation. You can also check with your local legal aid office.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.