Skip to main content

Will I need a passport to travel within the us? Or can I just use a state Id and ead?

Fort Worth, TX |

I applied for deferred action, been approved n have my state id and my employment card. I want to travel to another state by plane but I'm not sure if ill need a Mexican passport or if I can travel With the documents I already have.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Check the TSA website or your airline. It seems to me you will need a Mexican passport.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


I don't see why you'd be required to have a passport to fly domestically. If you have one, take it with you; if not, I wouldn't bother applying for it just to travel to another state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer