Skip to main content

Will i need a lawyer to get whats my dads out of my now deceased papas will?

Jesup, GA |

My dad died when I was very young his dad Jus died last week and his will was to be divided 5 ways well since my dad dead me and my brother get dads part. Will I need a lawyer or his will is wrote and can't be changed?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

My condolences to you on the loss of your father at an early age and now the loss of your grandfather. You may not have to have an attorney. If your grandfather's Will was validly written and executed, it can't be changed at this time. However, having an attorney who can advise you of your rights and interests in the estate and give you options for dealing with any issues or problems which might arise is a good idea.

This answer is not intended to provide you with specific legal advice regarding your situation, or to create any attorney-client relationship. The intent is only to provide general information. You should be aware that you cannot rely on this answer to provide you with any protection against tax penalties. You should always consult your own attorney in order to obtain legal advice.


I agree with Attorney DiSalvo. The Will cannot be changed. You will receive a copy of it, once probate administration starts. If you do not understand any part of the Will or the probate administration, you should contact an attorney to assist you.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!


My condolences to you for both of your losses. I agree with my colleagues. You cannot change the will. However, an attorney can assist with any questions you have.

This answer is intended for general purposes only and does not constituted legal advice. This answer should in no way be taken as an indication of future results. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained in this answer without first seeking the advice of an attorney.