Skip to main content

Will I have to leave the country?

Milwaukee, WI |

Im going to get married next month, and my husband will be fixing my papers, im 23 years old i came to the United States when i was 1month old back n 1989 illegaly and my husband to be is a US citizen.... will i still have to leave the country when going thru the process of fixing my paper?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Do NOT do anything without FIRST consulting an immigration attorney. If you have to leave, you will NOT likely be able to return.


Khaja M. Din, Esq.
Din | Memmen, Inc.

Chicago Office
4518 North Kedzie Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625

Madison Office — By Appointment Only
Main Street Justice
354 West Main Street
Madison, WI 53703



I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before you take any action. Our office handles cases through the USCIS in Milwaukee on Knapp Street. More information is needed.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


I agree with Attorney Dixler's comments. You need to seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney who can examine the facts of your case and provide you with a legal opinion. Be careful of using a notario to fix your papers as she/he will likely steal your money and make false promises.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


Please see the answer to your other question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.