Will I face jail time with a charge of misdemeanor larceny and resisting a public officer under the age of 19?

Boone, NC |

I am a first time offender and am currently 18 yearsold

Potentially yes. Call a good attorney and get legal representation.

Offices in Asheville, Gastonia, Charlotte, and Wilmington. Answers given on this site are intended to be general in nature and do not create attorney-client privilege. www.minicklaw.com

Attorney Minick is correct. With your larceny charge you are dealing with a Class 1 Misdemeanor. This could potentially lead to 45 day in jail and some substantial fines. As for the RPO, this is a Class 2 Misdemeanor which can carry a maximum fine of $1000 and a potential 30 day sentence. I suggest contacting a criminal defense attorney in Watauga County and letting him or her see what they can do for you. Best of luck.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship.

You need to hire a good local attorney.