Skip to main content

Will I ever be ordered to pay child support to my husbands ex-wife.

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

My husband ex-wife is asking for my financial history, my husband is seeking a reduction is child support cause the ex-wife moved from Texas to FLorida.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The short answer to your question is NO. Under Florida law the mother & father have a duty to support the child, not their subsequent spouses. Your income may be discoverable depending upon the facts of your case and basis for pursuing the modification (it looks like your question was cut off from the end of your facts), but if you have any questions as to if you need to comply with with a discovery request regarding your income, I would suggest you contact a Family Law attorney in your area for a consultation.