Will i be able to get a crime scene technician job in any state with a felony i got that has been sealed when i was 17 years old

Naples, FL |

i got the felony in florida when i was 17 and my lawyer said it has been sealed. will i be denied no questions asked in any state that i apply to get the job

Though sealed from public view, a law enforcement agency may still be able to see. It really is up to the individual law enforcement agency, and, of course the charge.

Thank you. My lawyer was Shannon Mcfee, you may be familiar with him. Im pretty sure everything has been expunged, but the charges were drug possession with intent to sell within 500 ft of a school. Honestly, do you think i have a chance? Thank you for your time once again.

James W Chandler

James W Chandler

I know Shannon, very good attorney. It is up to the individual agency's policy. But whatever you do, don't lie about it.

Although the record is sealed from public view if you are looking for employment with a state or federal agency the agency will be able to access your records. You should check with the specific agency you are interested in working for to see what their policy is. You should also speak to a criminal defense lawyer to find out if there is any way to get the juvenile matter expunged.

Thanks. The charges have been expunged also. In your opinion, and all honesty, would you dedicate a couple years of school and money into a profession that would be a complete gamble in being hired? (because of my expunged juvenile matter) Thanks

Christopher M. Patterson

Christopher M. Patterson

I would speak to whatever agency you may be interested in working for if you and see what their policy is. Although policies can change you can get an idea of what your eventual chance for success in getting a job may be if you decide to pursue this career.

thank you sir.

It depends upon who you apply to for employment.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239