Skip to main content

Will I-290B be rejected? If rejected, what should be done?

New York, NY |

My wife filed an I-751. But, she received the biometric appointment notice almost 1 month after the listed biometric appointment date on the notice. She did not write a letter to the local ASC or to USCIS to schedule another biometric appointment. Instead, she visited the local field office & called the NCSC tel # & was told that another appointment notice with a valid appointment date will be mailed to her. Shockingly, she received a notice stating that her I-751 was denied. She filed an I-290B to motion to reopen the case and appeal the denial. Will her I-290B be rejected because she did not write to the local ASC to reschedule her biometric appointment? If it is rejected, what can she do to receive her perm. res card. We've been married for 4 yrs and she has been in the US for 3 yrs.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer. Why was her I-751 denied? Why did she did not write a letter to the local ASC or to USCIS to schedule another biometric appointment? Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in her case because online we cannot find out those details. You need an Immigration lawyer. Check with an Immigration lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer