Skip to main content

Will falsifying a statement get him deported?

Columbus, OH |

My friend gave a false statement to the police voluntarily to protect his brother from going getting arrested. He is on a student visa and not a resident of the U.S? Will a false statement get you deported?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If he is convicted of Falsification that would be considered a crime of moral turpitude and he could face denial of citizenship, removal, and additional penalties. It is important for your friend to get a criminal defense attorney who is familiar with immigration consequences of criminal convictions.

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
(937)510-6110 phone
(937)867-4111 fax

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner


I concur with Mr. Beck. Said crime is a crime of moral turpitude.

The likelihood of a positive outcome if charged with a crime- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator.

Go to Trial: Crash the Justice System

Not contemplated by the Framers! The Devil’s Bargain: "95 percent are resolved by plea bargains." #cjreform

Good Luck,


James Regan, LL.M*, Esq.
*Master of Intercultural Human Rights Law (Visit us on Facebook)

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.