Will bankruptcy affect me when I will be permanent residence?

Houston, TX |

My brother applied for me F4 category about 8 years before. I am Bangladeshi citizen. While I was UK I had to file for bankruptcy. I am worried about when US embassy call me approximately after 2 years will it be affect to get the permanent residence to US?

Any advice highly appreciated.

Bankruptcy is not relevant. Don't worry about it. Other issues to worry about are: criminal and U.S. immigration violations.

No

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

This should not decrease your ability to become a permanent resident of the US.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.