Will an F1 Visa reinstatement and I-20 extension (only thesis left) will jeopardize an eventual future application for L1 Visa?

New York, NY |

I couldn't finish my thesis because I have been working full time for a corporation. My OPT has now ended and cannot be extended. I applied for OPT with just my thesis left but then I just didn't have time do it. I kept my job as a contractor but now my employer is considering sponsoring me for an L1. Are the F1 reinstatement and the L1 Visa incompatible? We still do not know what type of L1 Visa I am or will I be eligible as all the exceptions to the general rule are very complicated as far as a managerial position or intermittent traveler.

No, How did you come up with that idea?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

The idea of applying for an L1 Visa?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

No, the idea that the reinstatement may be a problem.

Oh, I just thought that I can either be on valid F1 or valid Intermittent L1, not both.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

You are not going to be on both. If you status is changed, the new status will take over.

I see, now I finally understand, thank you so much!

The answer to your question is no. But the facts you give are incredibly confusing. It almost sounds like you are working out of status.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

I am not.

No.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Your OPT ended, the thesis is still pending. Employer also wants to file for a L1. I dont see why you should not be able to do both. You can file for F1 reinstatement and L1 if you qualify.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.