Skip to main content

Will a new attorney help

Philadelphia, MS |

My brother was convicted to six years in prison about ten years ago for noted murder! It was really self defense! The next day after he was convicted he was set free! It was supposed to be expunged from his record they told him back then! Well in the mean time he was able to buy hunting guns at a gun store! They do criminal backgrounds and every thing was fine. That was in Columbus ms. Where this all took place. About a year ago he moved to philladelpia ms. He was growing four marriwana plants in his garden to moment for anxiety, well he got arrested. The new lawyer went back to Columbus and they had no record of his First conviction that was self defense! The old case wasn't expunged nationally only locally so the judge thought it was his second offense and sentence him to six years!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to consult with a competent criminal defense attorney ASAP to review both cases. This matter may be time sensitive to attack either or both cases for purposes of protecting the record and appeal. Hire private counsel!

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


No attorney in a online forum can help your brother. You need to hire an attorney ASAP.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only, is based upon the limited facts provided by you, which are assumed to be true and accurate. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.


An arrest in Mississippi causes arrest records to be generated locally with the arresting agency,The Mississippi Crime Information Center,and The National Crime Information center. These records remain forever unless you hire a Criminal Defense Attorney with knowledge and success in this area of the law. Here your brother is the victim of incomplete work by his first attorney which caused a longer prison term for this current offense. An Attorney could possibly file to re-open the case to correct the sentence based on bad pre-sentence information. Good Luck!

Legal disclaimer: This communication is for informational purposes only, and does not establish any attorney-client relationship, pursuant to the... more Legal disclaimer: This communication is for informational purposes only, and does not establish any attorney-client relationship, pursuant to the applicable Mississippi Rules of Professional Conduct

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer