We'll help you find the right solution for your needs
Does this sound like your topic?
1. I was arrested when my ex girlfriend got mad at me and lied to the police to get me in trouble.
2. She didn't press charges or show up in court, nor did she ask for a restraining order.
3. The court (I'm told) automatically issued a temporary restraining order and my lawyer said it was supposed to expire since my ex did not follow through on making it permanent.
4. I didn't know I had a permanent R.O. until I was pulled over a couple years after the fact, and they said there was one that came up on their computer.
5. I called my attorney, he just says there isn't one; yet I asked another law enforcement agency to check for me and it's still there and will expire in another month.
6. My concern is that even after it expires, there will be a permanent record showing the restraining order.What can I do to ensure that the DVRO will not become a permanent mark on my record? Do I have to get a lawyer? Do I even need to bother doing anything or when it expires, will it just disappear for good? Should I get a petition of factual innocence; and is that the same as a petition to have my records sealed and destroyed? Is there a time limit for these petitions? (it's been almost three years now)...Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!