Will a bench warrant for speeding tickets show up on a FBI criminal check

Chicago, IL |

I'm in the process of changing a brazilian tourist visa to a permanent visa after my marriage here. I need to supply a FBI criminal check to the federal police here. Will the offenses potentially deny my visa?

It MAY show up (the bench warrant). Will it hurt your VISA application: Unknown. YOU need to get an experienced Immigration atty. from your area ASAP.

Nothing herein shall constitute legal advice, nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed. www.KellerLawOffices.com

It may show up if the agency or court that issued the wararnt puts it on the "LEADS" computer, which is a nationwide warrant data system. I would not take a chance, so hire an attorney to get it cleared up.

A bench warrant is very likely to show up on the criminal check. When you apply for permanent residency, you have to state all locations you have recently lived. You also ahve to state if you have been charged or have any ongoing court action. The failure to state the past events and the current issue can result in you being denied immigration benefits and further subjecting you to deportation. I suggest you contact a criminal attorney witin the jurisdiction of the bench warrants and deal with it head on. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Any live pending warrant in the national database( LEEDS system) will show on the FBI criminal check.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Any pending offense will stop your chances of receiving your visa unless your present a certificate of disposition for every case you were cited.