Skip to main content

Wife was knocked down by an associate at Sam's club . pretty banged up .

Colorado Springs, CO |

when entering Sam's , a store employee - coming from the inside of the entrance , was pushing a flat - bed cart . my wife was knocked off her feet , to the concrete floor , in front of the stores greeter , and other employees of the club . nothing broken , but very bruised , and sore . should we wait to hear from their legal department ? we don't want to start a big legal fight , but what to do , and what should we expect ? ( will they offer to pay damages ? ) they said their management would review the video .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You would be best served in seeking a personal injury attorney at least for advice. If you retain one, they only take a percentage of the payment. It will depend on the negligence of the Sam' Club employee and the extent of your injuries. As all of the injuries were "soft tissue" injuries (i.e. no broken bones), it is doubtful that they will pay much in damages.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


Make sure that an incident report was filed.

There may be coverage if you are injured under medical payments provisions of the Sam's Club insurance.

If your wife is not injured enough to receive medical treatment it make by a tough case.

If she is injured I recommend that you seek a consultation with a local personal injury attorney. You can find a qualified attorney on AVVO.

Good luck.

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.


Hire a personal injury if she is injured.


Get a free consult with a lawyer. Get your wife checked thoroughly by her doctor. Get photos of her injuries/bruises. Dont give a staement or sign anything from Sams. They are not looking to help you, only to deny the claim.


Get a lawyer to send them a letter to preserve the video of the incident. Your wife should also seek medical treatment asap if she is hurt.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer