Skip to main content

Wife is plaintiff, I am defendant. Wife dissipated an asset an was found for dissipation.

Clinton, NJ |

In a pro se motion filing to add a party, do I request to add the party receiving the dissipated property as a defendant? i.e. can I as a defendant sue another defendant (along with the plaintiff) for the value of the dissipation? Or do I ask in the motion to "add a party"? So to be clear - do I ask to add "a party" or "a proposed defendant"? Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you are in divorce court, a 3rd party can not be added to the Complaint without the Court's permission.

Good luck.

Wayne Plaza II
155 Route 46 West
Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone No. (973) 256-0456
Fax No. (973) 256-4784

This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm. For legal advice, please contact and retain an attorney of your own choosing.