Skip to main content

Why would the special investigation unit want to speak with me?

Poughkeepsie, NY |

special investigation unit want to speak with me ? I can not afford a lawyer and legal services says they cant help me unless I have criminal charges . I am scared . If I am accused do I go to jail . 1st time ever . I made a little money , not much maybe 8000 over the year . My abusive ex rarely gives me what he owes me . I did not disclose information . My daughter and I were hungry a long time we use every penny for food . I do not want to be hungry again . I also have medicate once my divorce was final I had no insurance . I have asthma , fyibro myaligia , ptss , so I really need medical assitance . or I will always be in the hosp . Meds are so much I can afford to get them with out help .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Need more details about which special investigation unit wants to speak with you.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


Don't do it without consulting a lawyer first. This is not an appropriate forum to reveal confidential information and no one can advise you without an understanding of the facts.


Do not talk to the police or anyone. Wait until they arrest you and the judge will appoint a lawyer to handle the case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer