Why would my husband get a new parole officer while in jail

Syracuse, NY |

my husband went to jail for a violation why would they change his parole officer and he didn't even go for parole hearing yet

Best Answer

The initial parole officer was probably promoted, demoted, re-assigned, or fired.

A parole officer could be changed for a number of different reasons. Your husband could ask at his hearing if he has a new officer and if so, why the change was made. Someone could have been transferred or perhaps new officers are assigned after a violation is lodged. You can ask the attorney who is representing your husband in the proceedings if they have any idea why the change was made. Good luck.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

As in all other occupations, people get transferred, retire, or are terminated, or assigned to different activities.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.