Why would judge deny telephonic hearing for child support

Palatka, FL |

He owes child support and was out of s job for 1 1/2 years he was making partial payment and then didn't for about 3 half month now he has a job but he had to leave the state of Florida to get one and now he has court in Florida which maybe able to coast him his job that he just got

Because if this is a contempt hearing, the judge wants him there in person since he is the subject of the contempt action. Did the judge issue an order denying a motion for telephonic appearance?

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

William Charles Rosenfelt

William Charles Rosenfelt

Oh and I agree with Ophelia upon further reflection. He might want the guy there to arrest him depending on what happens or what has happened in the past.

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Exactly. I'm not sure I have ever had a client appear telephonically at a contempt hearing where he or she was the subject of the contempt action.

Yes the judge deny the request but will the judge throw him in jail knowing he has a job now and has already reported it to the cse agency we are wait for them to send paperwork for the to start deductions

Judges have all kinds of rules. Some make sense. Some do not.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Some judges have a strict rule against telephonic appearances in any case. It's always easier to judge the credibility and veracity of one's statements when the subject appears in person. Many judges realize this and therefore have established this rule.

Telephonic hearings are a privilege, not a right, and it's difficult for judges to evaluate the credibility of people (or even know for sure who they really are) over the phone. Besides, maybe the judge wants to put him in jail for being behind on support.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

Thanks nice way of putting it that to me is not the best solution to this problem as I am also a parent that receive child support so I see it both ways my husband pays it and I receive it putting someone in jail is the dumbest thing they could do how does that help the custodial parent that there for the vindictive baby moms that oe how like to inflict pain just could they can not a once since child support order was established id I request to take him to court I just went out and got a job