Skip to main content

Whom do I contact for referral to attorney for lawsuit against my own attorney?

New York, NY |

I have evidence that my attorney committed malpractice & negligence.Whom can I contact for referral to attorney specialist in this field.I am in metro MY area.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Look on AVVO under tab "Find Lawyers".

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Attorney malpractice claims are certainly a special type of case, but any qualified personal injury attorney worth their salt can handle a legal malpractice action. I suggest you use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" tool and seek out someone for a free consultation.

Good luck.

The aforementioned opinion does not constitute legal advice and is for general educational purposes only. See an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction for competent legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been formed through the within legal question and answer session.


Search New York State Trial Lawyers, New York State Academy of Justice, ask those you trust and respect. Don't delay. Attorneys Brophy, Greenspan and Post here on Avvo are excellent lawyers.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Search for "legal malpractice attorneys" right here on Avvo. Good luck!


Look for a legal malpractice ttorney using this AVVO website. Don't drag your feet as there are very specific time limits for bringing such claims.

Good luck!


In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


It appears that you can call one of the lawyers above who have offered to investigate.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer