Skip to main content

Who will give a domestic violence evaluation? (can't find a specialist who will)

New Providence, NJ |

1 charge of simple assault was dropped to a town ordinance (misdemeanor) - it came with a $1000 fine. They suspend $700 of this fine if I have a domestic violence evaluation done. I go back to the court with the letter saying I am not a 'risk' or something equivalent and that is all. I am having a hard time finding a Dr, specialist, etc who can help me. Most do not want to sign written documentation that would be submit to the court. I am in north/central NJ - any help would be appreciated.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There are numerous programs for anger management. if you call the court clerk they may be able to direct you. Almost any psychologist can give this counseling. The Judge is NP is a good guy. he just wants to see you have talked to someone a few times. call my office for a name if you like.