Who should I contact if I suspect my doctor misdiagnosed me on purpose in the name of making money in the state of Texas?

Rockwall, TX |

When I was a child my psychiatrists kept me in the hospital in the inpatient ward for over two years as a result of his fraudulent misdiagnoses as "borderline schizophrenic". The reason I suspect this is because no other psychiatrists heard of being borderline you either you are or your not it's what I was told.
Also, very shortly after that insurance companies stop paying for such an extensive inpatient treatment for reasons I'm not entirely aware of. But I suspect it's for the reasons that am talking about now.

Best Answer

Texas medical malpractice claims are very hard to pursue now days because of "tort reforms" passed in 2003. A Texas plaintiff must be able to prove (1) a dramatic error occurred; (2) serious injury or death; and (3) a direct cause-and-effect link between the error and the injury. In cases involving misdiagnoses of mental conditions, the hard part is usually establishing enough financial loss to justify a claim. See, Texas laws cap damages relating to mental anguish, pain, and other non-economic damages. Those types of damage categories are greatly minimized under the tort reform scheme.

You might want to use avvo to find a medical negligence attorney in Dallas to consult with.

Thank you very much for your time Mr. Stewart. I think I will contact my Mother's insurance that stand to gain more monetarily.

This comment pertains to the tort law of Texas. The first is where the dramatic error occurred which is the Dr.'s decision to take it upon himself to rewrite medical science. The serious injuries that I have been inflicted with our numerous that stems from the unnecessary medication I had to take to the fact my father pretty much disowned me because he thought I was a schizophrenic. His freakish diagnosis affected me in numerous ways such as gaining weight. Before I went to the hospital I suffer from minimum problems. After I got out of the hospital I had to tell everyone that I associated with that I was schizophrenic. Which was counterproductive since I never was and wasted my time which I highly regard. Furthermore the Social Security Administration at the age of 35 while in court disputing a back payment, claimed I was a genius. I do not feel that I could not in some way prove even with the current tort law in Texas that what he did was malpractice or criminal. I don't know how I can go from being borderline schizophrenic to a genius without something really going wrong.

This is a very tough case to bring.
Use the AVVO Find A Lawyer Link.

Thank you very much for your second opinion Mr. limberopoulos

Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

You are welcome!