Skip to main content

Who should I contact / or what steps should I take to get retribution in Geogia. I have been told it is a "buyer beware" state.

Savannah, GA |

I purchased a home over the Internet, relying on my Real Estate Agent, a hired Real Estate Inspector and the Disclosure Form to provide me with a clear picture of what I was buying. The homeowner "neglected" to disclosure such items as 1) the inground pool had a serious black algae problem caused by a need to resurface (fact corroborated by the pool company he contacted for an estimate); 2) the entry, kitchen, dining room tiled floor was no good and needed replacing; 3) the siding on the house was rotted in many locations, and 4) most of the privacy fencing along the property boundaries was rotted and needed replacing. The inspector did not inspect the pool or the fences, and somehow rated my siding as "average" for the age of the home. I am on a fixed income and cannot afford repairs.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Based on what you are saying, you may have a claim agaisnt the seller, the real estate agent and the home inspector. You should speak to a real estate attorney who litigates (as opposed to one who handles closings) without delay to learn what your rights are.

If you're concerned about cost, think of the investment that you made in buying a house - you can't afford NOT to speak to an attorney to assist you and explain your rights and see if there is time to either rescind the contract or file suit. Some attorneys will do a short consultation for free, others charge a nominal amount. It's also possible someone may take it on contingency if they believe there was an intent to commit fraud, or was some form of negligence.

This is not intended to be legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. If more information is needed, you should consult with an attorney in your state regarding the specifics of your situation and the options available to you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer