Skip to main content

Who does acitizen of Florida contact to try to either petition to have criminal court proceedures changed or explained?

Tallahassee, FL |

It has come to a group of FL individuals that there is a gross injustice being practiced where as many defendnats are mislead or not instructed on the consequences of their plea. "Adjudication" and "Adjudication Withheld". and beleiveing they can seal a record . many would not "jump" on a plea greement if was told corrctly about their eligibility. I want to know who do we petition to have the courts inforce proper instructions/warnings? and we have already learned about the effective copunsel but that is never a win'able argument to adjust or correct. Or argues that sealing eligibilty is not a "direct" consequnces, even thou sealing is governed by crim rules&proc. And a lawyer is supposed to explain min andmax's but never is thie "adjudciation" possibility discussed. A defendant should b

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You may be able to contact the Florida Bar Criminal Procedure Rules Committe Chairman and they may be able to open up this issue for discussion with the committee members.


Contact a lawyer in the county where all these aggrieved people are and where all these gross injustices have occurred. | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.


When a person enters a plea, it is the goal of the Court and the lawyers that the plea be a fully informed one. If, subsequent to entering a plea, it is discovered that such plae was not th product of a fully informed decision, contact an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer