Skip to main content

Who do you report a lawyer to when they are on the review bar for the state.

Las Vegas, NV |

There is not much to say! Can I go to the DA

+ Read More

Filed under: Professional ethics
Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Report him to the bar anyway. He will be excluded from the proceeding. Bar counsel is a separate entity from the committee, and will pursue a complaint they see fit and seek his recusal from hearing this matter. The DA will not help unless a crime was committed.


I agree with my colleague, report the attorney to the state bar. It will review the complaint without his/her participation.

The answer(s) herein do not constitute the establishment of an attorney/client relationship, nor are they intended to constitute the practice of law in any State. The answer(s) are based on extremely limited information provided by the submitter and are for general information purposes only. The original submitter, and those viewing these answer(s) are highly encouraged to seek out and engage legal counsel in their jurisdiction to review the entire matter.