Skip to main content

Who do i sue?

Altamonte Springs, FL |

stopped to get gas and the hose busted showering me in gas.rushed to the hospital burned my eyes and some spots of my skin.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6

Best Answer

There may be a number of people who have responsibility here. Your attorney will know who to sue.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You may have a claim against the station itself, the maker of the hose, or both. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area to discuss your case.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


First, consult with a personal injury attorney in your area, this could be a premise liability case (against the gas station/owner) or a products liability case (against the hose manufacturer) or a negligence case (against the installer of the hose/system). Or it could be all three.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


Consult a local FL personal injury attorney immediately so they investigate your case. There are several possible defendants & only a trained professional attorney will be able the flush out the proper parties.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


I think your own PIP insurance would provide some coverage for your medical bills. There are other potential defendants as well, including the gas station and manufacturers of the pump and hose.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website


Gas station. Retain a local personal injury lawyer.