Skip to main content

Who do I file a complaint with against a Family Court Master in Maryland? I am told a Master cannot overrule a Judge's Order.

Laplata, MD |

I know that the Commission on Judicial Disabilities is the place to complain about judges, but they do not investigate complaints against Masters. Any ideas? Do I complain to the Administrative Judge of the Family Court? Do I Complain directly to the Judge that issued the Court Order that the Master overruled?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It would likely be a very unwise move on your part to file a Complaint against a Master who is acting in good faith in the performance of their job. If you do not like what a Master decided, then you should follow court protocol and file exceptions, or file a motion for reconsideration. However, you must do this very quickly after the court hearing, otherwise you lose your rights to do so.

I strongly suggest you consult with an attorney because you seem to be oblivious to various important factors at work in your situation.

Office: (410) 381-1656. This is NOT legal advice, is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, and does NOT establish an Attorney/Client Relationship with you. Therefore my answer cannot address your specific legal situation and you should not rely upon my answer in your legal matter. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland and California. Office: (410) 381-1656. David Mahood, Esq.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer