Skip to main content

While filing a EEOC complaint, should I hire a lawyer, or should I just file on my own?Will my employer be able to terminate me?

Fremont, CA |

I'm working for a big corporation since 2003 and I am not getting promoted because of my race and gender. Other employees which are lower in seniority to me are getting promoted yet I am not which leads me to believe I am being discriminated. What other options do I have besides EEOC?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


In order to establish that you are being discriminated against on account of your race and gender, you need show more than the fact that less senior people are getting promoted. The employer may have reasons for promoting these less senior people that are race/gender neutral, and you must be able to overcome these reasons. What other things make you believe that discrimination is a factor?