Skip to main content

While dining at Red Robin Restaurant on April first, I bit down on something hard and broke a tooth. I talked with an assistant

Fort Worth, TX |

Asst. Mgr. took a picture of my tooth that had broken off. I asked Red Robin to pay my dental bill. They accepted no responsibility at all and refused. I am suing them in small claims court to recover my losses. I ate at Red Robin in Hurst. Texas. While there, I was told by Andres, district manager that the owner of the restaurant, Bobby Reynolds, said that I can never return to that restaurant. I still have a gift card with $112.38 on it. I have never caused any trouble in the restaurant except for my broken tooth; that was not my fault. I am a seventy-two year old retired educator with no criminal history. Can he do that? What recourse do I have?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You should not use names here and he can do whatever he wants. You also can do whatever you want including bringing a claim against or suing the restaurant.


I agree with Attorney Schoen. Both the owner and you can do whatever you want.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


Don't use names and file suit if you feel it necessary.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


You are taking it to small claims court which is a good option.


Small claims court seems to be proper in this instance. Good luck.


In the strict sense, as a private business owner he can deny you entry for any number of reasons; however, he would be foolish to do so. You should reenter and seek service like any other patron, and then if he denies you service, I would contact the corporate headquarters and explain the situation. I would be willing to bet that they would overrule him. If they do not, I suggest you contact the local news media and they would gladly run a story on this, which would make the restaurant rue the day they acted this way.

No answer given by Armstrong the Law Firm or its lawyers on the internet shall be deemed to create an attorney client relationship. Answers give are general guidelines only, and should not be relied upon by the questioner as a basis for action. Rather, the questioner is urged to consult a qualified attorney in his own jurisdiction.

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer