Skip to main content

Which type of attorney for violations?

New York, NY |

Background Info: I've paid a debt collector and they have since resold my paid account to collectors who are now suing me. Which type of attorney do I need to sue the pants off of them?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

A debt settlement attorney or fair debt collection attorney.

The above answer is intended for informational purposes and is not legal advice. It does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship.


You probably want an attorney who handles Fair Debt Collection Practices Act cases.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


A consumer lawyer. Look at as a resource for a member near you.


You should consult with a consumer lawyer experienced in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). I have written extensively about it here:

ATTORNEY ADVERTISING: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The foregoing statements and links are made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. You understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum, P.C.. The foregoing statements and links should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.


If they did this to you, they likely did this to others. I would suggest a class action lawyer.

I do NOT know you. I am NOT your lawyer. This answer is provided for the general public who may have similar queries. The answer provided is NOT definitive. I do NOT know all of the facts of your case and NO attorney-client relationship is established. Please do not use my answer to tell your lawyer what to do. Free advise is worth exactly what you are paying. Trust the lawyer who is charging you for his/her time and expertise. If you can no longer trust your lawyer, then hire someone else. I am always interested in new clients and business opportunities and would welcome your call or email to discuss matters further. For more information, please feel free to visit my website or schedule an appointment.