Skip to main content

Which process is easier and shorter when filing for adjustment of statue marriage or asylum?

Miami, FL |

My wife is USC , we got married a few months ago, she wants to file to adjust my statue to USCIS, I came to FL on visa , I was in jail a couple of times back home, and was tortured and im scared that something might happen to my family, i was gonna file for asylum but my wife said its easier through marriage , we have a real marriage ,we share everything , please be honest , I want an advice ,thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

marriage anytime. Asylum is very difficult to proof.


Marriage based adjustment of status is easier and faster. However, I would suggest you retain an immigration attorney who will be able to explain the pros and cons of each and all the details and nuances involved in proceeding (whichever path you choose). Good Luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.


Marriage, make sure you work with an attorney. My firm handles marriage based immigration.
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Assuming you and your wife are in a bona fide marriage (as you claim) then the marriage case should be easier, but more information as to your eligibility is needed before making any type of final determination. The fact that you have been jailed previously may also effect your eligibility.

I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of your case, advise you what to expect, and how best to proceed.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer