Skip to main content

Which kind of attorney i need to help me to understand the rights i have in a prenup?

Des Moines, IA |


I have been living with my fiancee for a year and a half. We are planing to get married but he has properties and money, so he s making a prenup. I dont know anything about it, other than in case of divorce i get nothing, thats what he said. He also said, i need an attorney to represent me, so he will hire one for me, of course i dont know him either.
I am a mexican citizen and really don't know about the rights and law in here.
I do not want to sign something I dont even know, knowing that in the event we get divorced i will get nothing, which is kind of unfair cause i had go through so many things with him, including an abortion that i didnt totally agree with, but everything to probe i didnt care about his money. I will appreciate very much some advice, as im completely in white.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


you should retain the services of a family law lawyer... in most states that is the same as a divorce lawyer... the reason they are referred to as family lawyers is that besides divorces they advise and consult with clients in areas such as prenuptial agreements... postnuptial agreements and other matters involving children and family matters. make certain you completely understand what you are signing before signing...the old adage that ignorance of the law is no excuse could be devastatingly true in your situation

without a detailed review by a lawyer can all the issues raised in your question be appropriately addressed...nothing in this response should be construed as establishing a lawyer client relationship..the answers herein are for informational purposes and not to be construed as advise