Skip to main content

Which is the best way to refuse a false evidence shown by a witness of the other party. Is my word good enough for the judge?

Miami, FL |

I'm the father and I'm asking for 50/50 time-sharing, but the mother does not agree.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your word would be one way to refute her testimony, but it would be better if you had solid proof.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!


It depends on what the evidence is. If it's a swearing contest than the judge will likely look to whose credibility is better on the issues. Nothing beats objective and uncontroverted evidence, however.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


It is usually best to have evidence to back up plain testimony or your word as you say but I am not sure what this false evidence is...

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


If you are attempting to get 50-50 timesharing and there already are issues that could be used against you, why don't you contact an attorney. Please check out my website where I discuss the statutory factors of what constitutes best interests of the child. Play it safe and myself or a colleague.

You can reach the Law Office of Richard S. Chizever, P.A. at (305) 974-1580 or Richard S. Chizever, Esq. is a family law attorney licensed in the state of Florida. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Richard S. Chizever or the Law Office of Richard S. Chizever, P.A. and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.