Skip to main content

Which form to file for medical parole. Can I do it myself

Saratoga Springs, NY |

My I-94 already been extended from 6 to 6 more months and expiring the end of this months. During my visit I have been in ER 7 times and admitted twice in the hospital due to heart problem.I have necessity to see my cardiology on 10/3 which is very hard to get this appointment. To go back to my country will have to start a costly medical test all over again and I am not sure if I can fly with my health condition. Can I ask for another extension of stay to complete my medical need. Can I do it by my self with out a lawyer. Which form do I have to fill up and fee.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Get a lawyer.

You should provide proof that your medical records can not be transferred to your doctor back home.

Plus, immigration will be very interested in knowing who is paying for all the medical services you are receiving in the US.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


You can even fly to space yourself if you have the equipment, training and funds. There is no medical parole from inside the country. The form is I-131.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Most parole applications are filed on I-131


Humanitarian parole is filed using i 131 form. However, you are already here, and it will be solely up to the DHS if you can stay longer. You can try doing it yourself; a lawyer is highly recommended.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer