Skip to main content

Where to mail my I-130 petition?

Silver Spring, MD |

I am a LPR , filing I - 130 for my spouse . I also have a re - entry permit valid till Oct 2014 . I am currently studying in Republic of Georgia , where there is no USCIS international office . I - 130 instructions says to mail to Chicago Lock box , if I live outside the USA . 1 . Can I mail my petition to Chicago Lock box ? 2 . To where should I mail my I - 130 petition , if I live outside the USA , where there is no USCIS international office ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


A standalone I-130 is usually mailed to the centralized Chicago Lockbox yes. Most consulate/embassies if not all have now relinquished their limited ability through USCIS satellite offices to accept I-130's, e.g. Frankfurt. Good luck.


I agree with Attorney Calehr.

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.


Follow instructions on USCIS' website provided for Form I-130. It indicates where such applications for petitioners living outside the US should be filed. I also recommend hiring an experienced immigration lawyer to assist you with the process.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer