Skip to main content

Where/On which firm should an applicant respond to questions on arrest in the H1B petition filing/extension?

New York, NY |

The applicant had a criminal action terminated in his favor but arrest record should be reported for immigration purposes truthfully. The applicant has to disclose arrests in the DS 160 form for a visa application once petition is approved. However, during the petition filing, where/which forms should address the question of arrests? Should arrest records (for dismissed cases) accompany the petition filing by the employer or that is necessary only in the visa application process?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Only when you do consulate processing. Talk to the employer's attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You should talk with the attorney who filed the petition for you. Since he knows your file, he is the best person to advice you.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer