Skip to main content

Where do I go from here?

Ardmore, PA |

Our family was informed by my mothers family doctor, in person, and by letter, that our mothers passing was due to the emergency room doctors not treating her for a heart attack. He stated in his opinion had she been treated for a heart attack that an ekg confirmed, that she more than likely would have been alive. She was admitted to the hospital with no treatment of a heart attack, no monitor and passed away within a few hours of a second heart attack.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your mother.

You want to consult with a medical malpractice attorney ASAP. There are many good ones on this forum. I've tagged the question "medical malpractice," so I'm sure you'll be seeing posts from the lawyers soon.

Michelle A. Fioravanti, Esq.
Like me on Facebook: Law Offices of Michelle A. Fioravanti, P.C.


I am sorry this happened to your mother. It is extraordinarily unusual for a family doctor to write such a letter.Whether there is a case to pursue may depend on other factors. Such cases are rarely cut and dried, even if the fault is clear. You need to contact an experienced medical malpractice lawyer in the area where your mother lived. Medical malpractice lawyers are happy to give free telephone consultations. If they accept the case, it will be on a contingency arrangement.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.


Use avvo or google to find a nearby med mal attorney. If a medical provider gave such an opinion in writing, the claim should be investigated.


We have a heart specialist on staff who is a licensed attorney as well. We may be able help answer the questions that you may have on what happened and what may be done about it. 888.333.9709


Consult with a medical malpractice attorney in the area as soon as possible. Your case must be reviewed to see if there was malpractice. Medical malpractice cases are very complicated and requires research to see if the treating doctors deviated from the standard of care required. My firm handles these types of cases should you decide to seek a local attorney.
Best of luck.

Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877 DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to practice law in both the State of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


I am sorry about this situation. You should see a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible for a free consultation. This case should be investigated immediately. An attorney will need to collect your mother's medical records and have them reviewed by experts. Medical malpractice cases are expensive to bring, so an attorney will also have to look into recoverable damages. You should act quickly, as the statute of limitations is two years from the time you knew or should have known of the injuries and their cause. I have provided links to more information on this topic. Good luck.

Timothy Knowles
Attorney at Law
610-584-9400 xt. 103
Warren & McGraw, LLC
920 Lenmar Drive
Blue Bell, PA 19422-2000

Feel free to call or email me to further discuss your case. This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational and educational purposes only.


I am sorry to hear about your mother's passing. Please feel free to call me to discuss this matter. It is important to promptly obtain her medical records and to have them reviewed by Experts in Emergency Medicine and Cardiology. I have handled many cases involving failures to diagnose and problems arising from negligence in the Emergency Department.


Sorry to hear about your loss. I agree that you should speak with a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible about your situation. Please feel free to contact me for a more detailed discussion.

Contact me for a more detailed discussion of your issue at 215-822-7575, or by email at This answer is based on general legal principles only and is not intended to provide specific legal advice. This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute the formation of a lawyer-client relationship.


So sorry to learn about your mother. it is very unusual when the doctor is willing to say that another doctor made a mistake. That makes your case potentially very meritorious. once you have made a decision on whether or not to proceed you should get all the medical records and prepare a detailed timeline as to what happened when and who said what. There are many attorneys who would be honored to help you. My cell is 856 495 3021 should you want to discuss further. Cordially. Mike b

Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer