Skip to main content

Where can I obtain an Entry of Appearance and Waiver form??

Franklin, KY |

My husband and I are getting divorced through mutual decision. I am filing...however I understand that if he signs this form we don't have to go through the process of serving a summons? We have already discussed everything and he agrees to sign this...we are not fighting over custody (no children) or property, money etc. Just wondering where to obtain this form and how to file it.

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce
Attorney answers 3


I am sorry that your marriage did not work out. Most local probate/family court clerks office will have the notice of appearance form and they may also have one on line, the waiver form exists as well, but you should check with the clerk because they may not allow that motion so easily each state has different rules regarding waiving a parties appearance. Take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


The forms the other attorney refers to are also available online. Go to the website of the local court that you are going to file in. If you have any problems your local librarian should be able to help you find the website.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE MARK IT SO. This information is provided by PEGGY M. RADDATZ, Attorney At Law as a pro bono service. YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN PERSON who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.


The Legal Aid Society of Louisville has online divorce forms. You can use them in any county by changing "Jefferson" to where your divorce is located. There is also a sample Marital Settlement Agreement. The forms are free and very easy to use. Best of luck to you.

Peggy M. Raddatz

Peggy M. Raddatz


good advice counsel!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer