Skip to main content

Where can I go to find my foreclosure document?

Minneapolis, MN |

I need foreclosure document on my last home that went into foreclosure.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The Hennepin County Recorder should have the documents you need. Check their website or else go to the office at 300 South 6th St in Minneapolis.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.


You can call the sheriff's office for the county you live in and ask how much they charge for a "sheriff's certificate of sale" ... this is the document that is proof that your home was sold at the sheriff's sale.

Very best regards,

Errin P. Stowell, Esq.
Stowell Law Firm, LLC
350 St. Peter Street, Suite 224
St. Paul, MN 55102
917-376-5442 phone

"We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code."