Skip to main content

Where can I find the amended post petition payment plan form

Fort Myers, FL |

I filed Ch13. My mortgage company is willing to work with me however they need the post-petition payment plan amended to include the delinquent payments. Where do I find that form (what is the name?) on the US Bankruptcy Court site?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

What you want is a motion to modify your plan payments. I do not know if your court has a form for that (most do not). Check your court's website to see if they do and, if you are representing yourself, be sure to familiarize yourself with the federal rules of bankruptcy procedure and local bankruptcy rules of your court before filing anything.

Mark J. Markus, Attorney at Law


The way to do this is based on local rules. Here in the Eastern District of Virginia, Richmond Division, we file an amended plan to include those payments and increase the payments going through the plan accordingly. We must use the most recent form plan adopted by the courts in the District. You would find such a plan on the court's own website. However, I suggest that you contact an attorney for help in modifying your plan and determining how to do it if you want it confirmed.

[I am a Virginia-licensed attorney. This communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]


The usual practice is to take the regular plan form, write "modified" in the caption line, and make your proposed changes.

Here in Nevada, we send the trustee our proposed modified plan before filing it to see if she wants us to make any changes before the modified plan is filed. That is just common courtesy!

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer